The mission of library instruction is to encourage the development of information literacy and critical thinking skills, enabling students to successfully meet academic requirements and become life-long learners.
One of the primary goals of the library is to provide quality instruction opportunities for Bainbridge State College students. The library can provide instruction for classes on any topic that is requested for an assignment or library instruction in a general format. If you have a specific topic for your class, please inform the librarian when you make your request.
- To develop critical thinking skills in students as they find, use, and evaluate information
- To build strong collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- To provide information literacy instruction to allow for access
- To establish a system of assessment of student learning outcomes for all library instruction
- To periodically evaluate the library instruction program and make revisions as necessary
Library Orientation Request
Library Instruction for Online Courses
Classes that are taught strictly online can make use of the video tutorials ("How to Search the Online Catalog" and "Using GALILEO") found on our Help page in lieu of face-to-face library instruction.
We recommend assigning the attached document to ensure students watch the tutorials.
Please let us know if you have any questions or require further instruction!